Welcome to another episode of 10 Minute Grammar! This is number 8 in our Parts of Speech series–the eighth part of speech that we teach/learn for sentence building!
1. Noun marker: THE
2. Noun: The CAT
3. Adjective: The SNEAKY cat
4. Verb: The sneaky cat CLIMBS.
5. Adverb: The sneaky cat EASILY climbs.
6. Pronoun: The sneaky cat easily climbs trees. HE uses HIS claws.
7. Prepositions: The sneaky cat easily climbs trees. He uses his claws ON TREES.
8. TODAY!!! Interjection: YES, the sneaky cat easily climbs trees. He uses his claws on trees.
My, well, oh
Wow, yes, no
Two ways to use them in sentences:
1) Interjected at the beginning of sentences:
a. Yes, the cat climbs.
b. No, he doesn’t bite.
2) As stand alone sentences with an exclamation point following:
Products mentioned in this episode:
1. CAVES—what a sentence contains poster set
2. Beginning Think Fast Quiz for memorizing parts of speech
3. Advanced Think Fast Quiz for memorizing parts of speech
4. Checklist Challenge FREE book and video set for application of grammar to writing!