Welcome to HIT—How I Teach….In this episode, I continue teaching about one of my top ten favorite things: time management. Specifically, time management for teachers, parents, and teaching parents!
Last week, in Part I of II, I began with the big picture:
- Definition of time (and how it measures the time we spend on things—and how it continues on and on)
- Infinite or finite? What does that mean?
- How are time and money alike and how are they different?
Then I moved into how to use a monthly calendar, how to have a home-base calendar (if you use a print AND digital calendar both), how to plan for the month, and how to set goals.
Let’s keep going! This week I bring you some more tangible, usable-today tips for your week and your day:
- Using weekly planning sheets by categories
- Using mantras and affirmations as impetus to do the work leading to success (not just to feel good for the moment)
- Letting gratefulness start off your week
- How to ABC your weekly list so that you decide ahead of times what are the top priorities for the week rather than looking at a weekly list where everything looks equal in importance
- How to schedule and hold a Weekly Hour One to get everything that is set down on time blocks for the week
- Blocking Your Time: How to use 15 minutes each morning (or the night before) to completely block your day—tell your time where to go today (as opposed to doing the scheduled/set things and floundering on the in-between times)
- Using a First Five and Fast Five list each day to really hone in on what you need to do above and beyond the “normal”
- Finishing your week with a Weekly Hour Done—15 minutes of feedback for your week
Of course, I have some free planner pages in your Teacher’s Notebook this week! And they are in the Power Point presentation so you can follow along as I teach.
And for your convenience, How I Teach…. is available as a podcast (follow along in your TN sheets for that week) and a YouTube video (with Power Point containing the same as the TN)!
Note: This lesson came from The Prioritizing Planner available at my Teacher’s Pay Teachers store!
Find everything you need here!
Weekly broadcast episodes with Teacher’s Notebook downloads (and links to listen or watch!) at the Language Arts Lady blog
Master (continually updated) Teacher’s Notebook downloadable booklet
Free writing books and videos of me teaching your students for you for a couple of weeks! https://languageartsladyblog.com/5writingfreebies
All of my digital books
How I Teach YouTube Channel
How I Teach Podcast